Nội dung chính của bài viết
Background: Syphilis is a chronic infectious disease caused by Treponema pallidum. Classically, syphilis is classified into 4 stages including primary, secondary, latent and tertiary syphilis. Many of its manifestations are cutaneous, making it of interest and importance to dermatologists, especially as morbidity from syphilis rises in the developed world and continues in the developing world. Objectives: 1). To describe the clinical characteristics of secondary syphilis patients at Can Tho Hospital of Dermato-Venereology in 2021; 2). Todescribe the serological characteristics of secondary syphilis patients at Can Tho Hospital of Dermato-Venereology in 2021. Materials and methods: A cross-sectional descriptive study was carried out on 52 secondary syphilis patients who were treated at Can Tho Hospital of Dermato-Venereology. Results: Lesions of macules, papules, pustules, scales, mucous patches were 73.1%, 55.8%, 0%, 23.1%, 11.5%, 7.7%, respectively. The highest percentage of sites was on the palms and/or soles with 86.5%. Serum RPR titer had the highest rate was R256, accounting for 57.7%, most of the patients had serum TPHA titer of R1280, accounting for 73.8%. Conclusions: Secondary syphilis patients have a variety of clinical manifestations and affected sites, most of serum PRP and TPHA titers are usually high with values of R256 and R1280, respectively.
Chi tiết bài viết
Secondary syphilis, RPR, TPHA, serological syphilis
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Carolyn Rysgaard, Erik Alexander, Brian L Swick (2014), "Nodular secondary syphilis with associated granulomatous inflammation: case report and literature review", Journal of cutaneous pathology, 41 (4), 370-379.
3. Chia-Jui Yang, Nan-Yao Lee, Tun-Chieh Chen, et al. (2014), "One dose versus three weekly doses of benzathine penicillin G for patients co-infected with HIV and early syphilis: a multicenter, prospective observational study", PLoS One, 9 (10), e109667.
4. Danielle C Ompad, Farzana Kapadia, Francesca C Bates, et al. (2015), "Racial/ethnic differences in the association between arrest and unprotected anal sex among young men who have sex with men: the P18 Cohort Study", Journal of Urban Health, 92 (4), 717-732
5. D Rowley, P Swięcki, E Firlag-Burkacka, et al. (2015), "Clinical and epidemiological characteristics of patients with early syphilis from three academic centres in Poland, Germany and Ireland: initial findings from the POETS study", Sexually transmitted infections, 91 (6), 389-394.
6. L Aubert, Muhamed-Kheir Taha, N Boo, et al. (2015), "Serogroup C invasive meningococcal disease among men who have sex with men and in gay-oriented social venues in the Paris region: July 2013 to December 2014", Eurosurveillance, 20 (3), 21016.
7. Juan Manríquez, Romina Andino-Navarrete, Catalina Andrighetti (2015), "Skin rash, dyspnea and bone pain: secondary syphilis", Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, 19 (1), 96-97.
8. Jen-Chih Tsai, Yu-Huei Lin, Po-Liang Lu, et al. (2014), "Comparison of serological response to doxycycline versus benzathine penicillin G in the treatment of early syphilis in HIV-infected patients: a multi-center observational study", PLoS One, 9 (10), e109813.
9. Le Minh Tam, Le Thi Hong Vu (2012), "Study of the situation of lower genital tract infections in infertility cases", Journal of Ho Chi Minh city Medicine, 16 (2), 51.
10. Le Phuong Mai, Le Ngoc Diep (2012), "The prevalence of HPV genotype and related factors in female patients with genital warts at Ho Chi Minh Hospital of Dermato-Venereology", Journal of Ho Chi Minh city Medicine, 16 (1), 346.
11. Nguyen Thi Thanh Lich, Le Minh Tuan, Vo Minh Quang (2009), "Investigation of eye damage in AIDS patients", Journal of Ho Chi Minh city Medicine, 13 (1), 70.
12. Nguyen Thi Thanh Tho (2017), "Epidemiological, clinical, serological characteristics and treatment effect of secondary syphilis patients at Ho Chi Minh City Hospital of DermatoVereneology in period of 2015-2016 ", Journal of Ho Chi Minh city Medicine, 21 (1), 67.
13. TP Afra, Sanjeev Handa, Muhammed Razmi, et al. (2018), "Secondary syphilis: lest we forget it", Postgraduate medical journal, 94 (1113), 415-415.
14. Vikram V Koundanya, Koushik Tripathy (2021), "Syphilis ocular manifestations", StatPearls [Internet],
15. Vincenzo Spagnuolo, Andrea Poli, Laura Galli, et al. (2019). Incidence and predictors of serological treatment response in early and late syphilis among people living with HIV.
Paper presented at the Open forum infectious diseases.